How to configure wishlist in Magento 2 is perhaps a common question among people trying their hands on Magento.
Magento 2 offers seamless functionality along with great user experience that further enhances business revenues. Just like other important features in your Magento eCommerce store, the wishlist is one of the crucial aspects that you shouldn’t miss.
Wishlist provides an option to the buyers to save their desired products for later review. Customers always take a long time to finalize the purchase.
Wishlist smoothly navigates your customers from window shopping to checkout. This feature not only improves your sales but also keeps users engaged since they can buy a product as per their needs or even when the price drops.
Here in this post, we’ll learn how to setup wishlist in your Magento 2 eCommerce platform.
Configuring the Wishlist
The products that are added in the wishlist appear as individual products and the user has the option to move them to cart. If the person adds the same product again and again, the quantity of the product would be automatically updated instead of creating a new space for the same product.
- First of all, scroll to Admin Panel and click of Stores>Settings>Configuration
- Now under Customer, you need to click Wish List tab
- Click on General Option and then choose Yes for enabling the list
- Now you need to open & setup Share option section
Once you’re done with the above steps, here’s what you need to do:
- Choose the Email Sender, here the name contact would appear in the email
- Now choose the Email Template, which is applied if a user shares the wishlist
- Make sure to enter the Max Emails Allowed to be Sent
- Now you need to enter the Email Text Length Limit
- Open the Section- My Wish List Link and then allow the display number of item in the wishlist
- Click on Save Config for finalizing.
How to Share a Wishlist:
With Magento 2, you can always share a wishlist with the customers’ friends through email. The wishlist can be managed by both the clients as well as admin through the Magento dashboard.
Here’s how you can share the wishlist:
- Initially, you need to login to the Customer Account option available on Account Dashboard
- Select My Wish List
- You can leave any comments on the Comment box for every product
Now you can see the sharing wishlist and need to follow these steps:
- Click on Share Wish List button
- Now you can insert as many emails of the recipients as much you need. Make sure to use commas to separate each email id
- You need to add the Message for sharing
- Just Share Wish List once it’s ready.
Transferring an Item to Cart
Once you’re done with the wishlist, you can always transfer a product or multiple products to your cart for proceeding with the checkout. You can also take the help of experienced Magento Developer in this.
Here’s what you need to do:
- First of all, Open My Wish List Page
- Now you need to Move the item to your cart that you wish to transfer
- Now add the number of products
- Click on Add to Cart option available
- If you wish to transfer all the products to the cart, click on Add All to Cart.