If you’re one of those lucky eCommerce owners who are relying on Magento 2, this post would definitely help you! With Magento 2, one can easily update and modify their eCommerce store without the need of a professional Magento Developer for basic tasks.
When we talk about installing a theme in Magento 2, many people often find it difficult since they haven’t tried their hands on altering their website’s overall appeal.
With a wide range of appealing themes, Magento Marketplaces can quickly help you in getting the best theme for your online store that adds a fine touch of elegance and goes right with your business.
In this tutorial, we’ll be guiding you on how to install a new theme in Magento 2, which surely makes your store more user-friendly as well as gives it a more professional & elegant appeal.
Step 1: Downloading a Theme
- First of all, you need to browse through any Magento marketplace offering free/paid themes.
- Choose your desired theme and download the same by clicking the Download Theme option provided on the website of your choice.
Step 2: Uploading the Theme to the Server
- Once you’ve downloaded a theme, it’s important to upload the same to your server.
- You need to use WinSCP or even FileZilla or any other SFPT client for uploading the theme to your Magento root folder.
- Once you’ve done with uploading the theme, it’s important to run an upgrade for the same.
Step 3: Running the Upgrade
- Now you need to connect to your Magento store’s server through SSH. Once done, you must run upgrade and then deploy static content through the following command lines:
- php bin/Magento setup:upgrade
- php bin/Magento setup:static-content:deploy
Step 4: Choosing a New Theme
- On the Admin Panel, you need to click on Find Partners & Extensions.
- Click Visit Magento Marketplaces under Magento Marketplace.
- Now you need to choose the Magento 2 theme as per your preference and install the same on your server.
Step 5: Setting Up the New Theme
- For Magento 2.0.x: Click Stores>Settings>Configuration on the Admin Sidebar.
- For Magento 2.1.x and above: Content > Design > Configuration > Select your current theme >
- Now open the Theme Section and select the new theme as per your choice from the Design Theme field.
- Click on Save Config once done.