Magento 2 is one of the most trustworthy and reliable eCommerce platforms that has set a benchmark in the entire eCommerce industry.
Whether it’s a huge marketplace with thousands of products or a startup with a limited number of products, Magento 2 offers seamless functionality coupled with superior user experience.
With Magento 2 platform, one can easily create promotion programs detailing the discount amount to engage customers to purchase in bulk. Setting up promotions or cart price rules in Magento 2 is quick and easy.
Here we’ll be sharing a step-by-step procedure for creating cart price rule in your Magento 2 eCommerce store.
What’s Cart Price Rules?
You may be wondering about the term-Cart Price Rules. These are the special rules along with conditions that you define in a configuration allowing your buyers to purchase a particular product at special discounted prices under certain conditions.
The store admin or a Magento Developer could create a coupon code from the default Magento configuration and once the buyers apply that particular code in the “Apply Code” box at checkout, the eligible discounted price is displayed.
Here are the steps you need to follow to Create Shopping Cart Price Rules in Magento 2:
- Initially, you need to create a new cart price rule by clicking on Admin Panel, Marketing>Promotions>Cart Price Rule
- Now click on Add New Rule and fill the 4 tabs-Rule Information, Conditions, Actions, & Label
- Once done, you need to set Name for rule & write a description in the General Information Section
- When Status is active, enable rule
- Now you need to assign the rule to the website & the Customer Group
Make a note that these promotions aren’t for the ones that haven’t logged in to their accounts.
- Now enable for applying the rule with a coupon by selecting the “Specific Coupon” option available in the Coupon field
- Now insert the code while proceeding to the checkout process for getting discounts. Make sure to mark the Use Auto Generation checkbox for publishing several coupon codes once you’ve saved the rules
- Now make sure to limit the use of coupons by clicking Uses per Coupon and User per Customer options. You can leave them empty if there’s no limitation.
Since every owner has different criteria when it comes to the use of coupons, you can determine the use of coupons and can even set the limit of using the coupon by the same customer.
Setting the Condition
- Now you need to click on the Conditions tab and check the statement. You need to edit “ALL” and “TRUE”
- You can see ALL link and click on it where ALL and ANY options are available
- Now click on the TRUE link where TRUE and FALSE options are available
- You can leave the conditions even blank if you wish to apply for all the products
Once done, you need to click on Add icon for setting the conditions for the rule:
- Product attribute combination
- Product sub-selection
- Conditions combination
- Cart Attribute
- You must continue to tap the Add icon & follow the steps again for adding as many conditions that you need
- You can delete a statement anytime by just hitting the Delete icon.
Setting the Action
Once the entire conditions are met, the cart rule would apply all the actions that you provide here.
- Now in the left panel, choose the Action tab in New Catalog Price Rule
- Set options in the Apply field from the available options as- Fixed Amount Discount, Fixed Amount Discount for Whole Cart
- Buy X Get Y Free
- You can enter Discount Amount with numbers.
Setting the Labels
- Select Labels Tab
- Now you need to insert text in Default Rule Label for all Store Views
- Set the Label for every store view under the Store View Specific Labels
- Apply the Rule
- Save Rule for finalizing the setup
This is the overall step-by-step procedure that you need to follow for setting up promotions cart price rules in your Magento 2.