Magento 2 is the preferred choice for businesses that wish to enhance their client base and target audience online. Magento 2 being one of the most powerful platforms offering advanced marketing solutions helps businesses meet their diverse marketing requirements.
There are ample of features and tools of this platform that can help businesses grow and maintain a great online repute. One such tool is the Price Rule that enables the admins to optimize their revenues efficiently by offering a special price to the buyers.
Here’s a quick guide of creating a Catalog Price Rule that can help you in creating the price rules.
What is the Catalog Price Rule in Magento 2?
It’s a special price that you offer your buyers based on certain conditions and criteria. The buyer must meet that particular criterion to get a special or discounted price for the product. One may not require the setting of conditions if the rule is provided on all the products.
This rule is auto-applied once the product meets the condition and there’s no need to include coupons for the same.
Here’s the step-by-step procedure:
Step 1: Creating a New Rule
- Click on the Admin Panel and go to- Marketing>Promotions>Catalog Price Rule
- Now you need to click-Add New Rule and make sure to complete 3 tabs: Rule Information, Conditions, and Actions
- Now, in the Rule Information tab, follow the steps:
- Set Name for the newly created rule along with some description
- Assign the Website and Customer Group
- Enable Status to Active
- Set the active time & priority in case of many cart rules at the same time.
Step 2: Setting the Conditions
As an admin, you can always set some special conditions for every rule based on the existing attribute values.
- Click the Condition tab under Catalog Price Rule
- Now you’ll see a short message- “If All of these conditions are TRUE”, and you can customize the message when you clock on the ALL & TRUE link
- Make sure to click on the ALL link and ANY options
- Now you must click on the TRUE link, TRUE & FALSE options would be available
- If you wish to apply for all the products, leave this condition blank
- Click on Add icon for setting conditions for the rule
- Now set the Product Attribute as a basis of the conditions such as Attribute Set, Category, and so on
Step 3: Setting the Actions
- From the New Catalog Price Rule page on the left panel, pick the Action tab
- Set options in the Apply field
- Now apply as a percentage of the original
- Apply as a fixed amount and insert the discount amount in the Discount Amount field
- Adjust the final price to discount value: The new updated price is now a fixed number
- Enter the Discount Amount
- The Pricing Structure Rules contains the setting discount for sub-product when you choose Yes in the Subproduct discount field
- Make sure to set Yes for Discard Subsequent Rules to avoid applying the discount many times
- Now you need to click Save and Continue Edit.
Step 4: Applying the Rule
- You need to apply the new rule through any of these two ways:
- Click Save and Apply on the Add New Rule page
- Click Apply Rule on the Catalog Price Rule grid.
Make sure to follow the complete procedure. One should keep in mind that the entire process would require around 1 hour to make the new rule available. Click here for learn more!