Magento 2 is the finest eCommerce platform that has eventually taken the world by a storm. Whether you’re a huge enterprise or a startup business striving to build an online presence, Magento 2 offers seamless compatibility.
While the eCommerce giants and renowned eCommerce marketplaces are relying on this platform, many small & medium enterprises are leveraging the finest features of this unique platform.
Today, we’re going to discuss “How to configure the default page in Magento 2”. The base page is the one that appears when you click on the base URL. Many individuals aren’t able to configure the same as they don’t know the exact procedure.
Here’s a step-by-step procedure to configure your default page in Magento 2. Make sure to follow the procedure precisely without missing any step.
- First of all, click on Stores on the “Admin Panel”. Now, in the “Settings” section, you need to select “Configuration.”
- Now choose “Web” under “General”, which is available in the “Admin Panel” on the left side.
- Now you need to open the “Default Pages” section and make sure to follow these steps:
- You need to enter the default value cms or the other value under the “Default Web URL” section.
- Once done, click on the “CMS Home Page” field and then you need to select the page that you wish to set as the default page. You must select- Home Page.
- Now, the default value in the Default No-route URL field is “cms/index/noRoute”. You need to enter the value as per your needs.
- Once you’ve finished this step, you need to select the “404 Page Not Found” value to display the CMS page whenever a 404 Page Not Found error displays. This is available in the CMS No Route Page field.
- Now, you need to select the “Enable Cookies” value in the “CMS No Cookies Page” field to display the CMS Page in a case when cookies aren’t enabled in the web browser.
- The Show Breadcrumbs for CMS Pages field, you need to set “Yes” if you wish to show a breadcrumb trail on the top of every CMS page.
- Once you’ve completed this step, click-Save Config.
This was a simple procedure that would help you in configuring your default page in Magento 2 platform. For more help you can contact some skilled Maganto Developers.