Magento 2 Currency Configuration
Currency Configuration is the significant part of the E commerce. It engages the customer, it helps to know what currency customers are allowed to use on your store. Due to our experts and Magento Consultants you can set up currency for about 200 countries across the world. The symbol of currency is shown in invoices ,product prices and orders. If the store can accept multiple currency then the option will prompt in the store front.
Steps to Configure Magento 2 Currency
- Step 1: Select the Allowed Currencies.
- Step 2: Set the Import Connection.
- Step 3: Complete the Scheduled Import Settings.
- Step 4: Refresh the Currency Rates.
Step 1: Select the Allowed Currencies.
- Go to the Admin Panel and login and click Stores » Configure .
- Select Currency Setup under GENERAL tab on the left panel.
Expand the Currency Options.
- Base Currency : Choose any Base Currency for online transaction.
- Default Display Currency : Choose the currency that is displayed in your store.
- Allowed Currencies : Hold the CTRL Key and select the currency from the list that you want to allow in your store.
- To select the scope of the Base Currency you need to select Catalog from the Catalog section and further select Price.
- Choose “Global ” or “Website” for Catalog Price Scope.
Step 2: Set the Import Connection
- Select Currency Setup from the General ( located on your left panel), then you open Webservicex .
- In Webservicex you are suppose to select time duration(limit) which will be in seconds after which the connection will time out.
Step 3: Complete the Scheduled Import Setting
- Open Scheduled Import Settings from the Currency Setup tab.
- In Enabled tab click on “Yes” if you want to auto update the Currency Rate, then do the following:
- Service :The default value is Web Services. You can select from drop down list.
- Start Time : You can set the hour, minute and second after which the rates will be updated.
- Frequency : Here you can set the value Daily, Weekly and Monthly to update rates.
- Error Email Recipient : This field allows you to send email notification of any error by entering the email address of the concerned person. In case you want to add more than one address then separate it with comma (,).
- Error Email Sender : set the person name who will appear on the email notification.
- Error Email Template : Set the Email template of the the use of the error notification.
- Click Save Config to save and apply the changes.
Step 4: Refresh the Currency Rates.
Before you practice any effect you need to update the current values of Currency Rate. Either you can update it manually or import (you will see a guide on this if you scroll down).
To update the rate manually:
- Check on the Admin Panel go to Stores » Currency » Currency Stores.
- Select Import Service “WebserviceX” is the default value of this field.
- Now,click Import Button.
- Save Currency Rate to enable it.
Import Currency Rates on Schedule :
- Enable Cron (Schedule Task) on your store.
- Complete Currency Rate Setup to set which currency the store will accept and establish the import connection and schedule.
- Check the Currency Rate list to confirm.
You Can Modify the Currency Symbols
- Go to the Admin panel find Stores » Currency » currency Symbols.
- Clear Use Standard and insert custom currency.
- Save Currency Symbols to enable the new symbol.
(Don’t forget to refresh the cache by clicking the Cache. Management).