Managing Catalog Image Videos in Magento2
We already know that a image or video can clear the concept of the related subject more clearly. Hence ,it can help the customers to picture clear the idea of the product more precisely. Our Magento Experts and Designers have made it really easier to manage the catalog image and videos in Magento2.
To Manage Product Image we need to follow the below steps:
- Upload an Image.
- Select the Main Image.
- Rearrange the Image.
- Delete an Image.
- View the details of Image.
- Hide Image.
step 1: Upload an Image.
You have two ways to upload an image ,they are:
From your desktop you can directly drag an image and drop it to Image and Video Box. OR else choose and click Camera from Image and Video box ,then open the folder in your computer from where you want to select the image and click Open.
Step 2: Select the Main Image
From the lower corner of the image click the tag icon in case you want to select the main image. If set correctly you will get see a banner .
Step 3 : Rearrange the Image
You can rearrange the position of the image by clicking Sort,from the top right corner of the image.
Step 4 :Delete an Image
Choose delete option in case you want to delete any image and then Save .
Step 5 : View the details of Image
To check the detail information of the image click on Image and Videos under the Basic Settings. Then do any of the following :
A: Go to the Alt Text box and give some necessary details of the image which can be accessed by search engines .
B : You can assign roles to images from the Role section.The assigned role appears with a check mark in selected mode, and the previous image is no longer assigned to the role.
Step 6 :Hide Image
If you want to hide any image then mark Hide from Product Page checkbox in the Image Detail page and then Save.
To manage Catalog Video you will need to fetch an API Key from your Google Account. Configure it in your store and then finally you can link it with your product. The elaboration is given below :
To get the API key:
- Click Enable and manage APIs in Google APIs.
- Choose Credentials from the menu click on API Key.
- Choose Server Key give a name and click on Create.
When the key is generated ,you need to copy the key and paste it in the Configuration.
To Configure in Store:
- Login to Admin Panel ,then go to Stores » Settings » Configuration.
- Choose Catalog from the Catalog Panel.
- Paste the API Key in Product Video Section.
- Click Save.
To link to the Video :
- Open the product to edit,add a video in Image and Video tab.
- Enter the URL Key of the video.
- Give significant title and proper description of the Video.
- Upload a Preview Image.
- Tap Get Video Information to get the meta data of Video.
- To assign the use of the Video in stores tick the roles that will apply Base Image , Small Image , Swatch Image, Thumbnail , Hide from Product Page .
- Click Save.